Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This One Time, At Spin Class...

... I almost threw up.

True story, people.

I was a few minutes late to class on Tuesday, as my warm and cozy bed was doing its best to convince me not to leave.  However; I won the argument, said my good-byes to the comfiness that is my bed, threw on some clothes and was out the door with a Lara Bar and banana in hand.  Since I was late, I did a quick warm up and proceeded to push myself to the max for the remainder of the class.  I figured if I pushed extra hard, I'd make up for the ten minutes I lost.  Makes sense, right?  Yeah... Not so much.

Apparently it doesn't work that way.  It seems that if you're late, you're late.  You lose out on the ten minutes and will have to take that up with your bed later (stupid bed).  Trying to make up for lost time in spin class leads to nausea.  Trying to do an ab/core workout after a hard-core spin class accentuates feelings of nausea causing you to stop mid plank and mentally convince yourself not to throw up all over the ab room.

And the worst part of it all, is that even though I pushed myself so hard during spin, the rest of the day didn't leave me feeling like I had a great workout.  I didn't feel stronger or more toned like I usually do after a good workout.  Bumm to the er. :-/

Lesson learned: Be on time and know your limits!

No comments:

Post a Comment