Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Time to kick ass...

Now that student teaching isn't consuming 10 hours of my day, I need to get caught up. For the last 2 weeks my running was put on hold because there weren't enough hours in the day. There. I said it. I don't belong to a gym and I don't run at night in the dark. When the sun comes up, I'm getting read for work. I've decided to dedicate the next 7 weeks to kicking ass.

I decided to ride Amanda's coat tails by starting CrossFit. My first class was this morning and I had no idea what to expect. The CrossFit gym isn't like your typical gym. You aren't surrounded with weight machines, elliptical machines, and treadmills. It's way better than that. The room is open with options for free weights surrounding the gym. The music, and it's good music, is blasting and the energy from the other CrossFit gurus is contagious. I had people cheering me on and yelling at me to push harder.

My workout looked something like this...

200m run
squats
arm rows
push-ups

reps of 15-12-9

finished with a 200m run

I was done in about 9 minutes, my arms felt like jello, and I was winded. Cannot wait to go back for round 2 tomorrow morning.

While incorporating CrossFit into my training I will continue to run and pick up where my training schedule leaves off.

Here's to kicking the next 7 weeks ass.



Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment