Monday, December 19, 2011

Diet? What diet?

This last weekend was my family Christmas in Southern California. I was off exercise for 3 days and my diet consisted somewhat of this...

Taco, enchilada, beans and rice
reduced fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich from Starbucks
Chips and salsa
Beer
Mac-n-cheese
Grilled veggies
Tri-tip
Punch (that was clearly loaded with alcohol because that's how we roll)
Cupcake
Beer
Eggs, hash browns, ham
Crusted calamari
Caesar salad
Garlic bread
Another beer
Cookies

This was all in a matter of 3 days. This morning I went back to CrossFit and all that food I just listed slapped me in the face as hard as it could. I. felt. like. poop. During our brief chat while warming up, I had told my trainer about my weekend. She made sure to remind, while all that food was slapping me in the face, that if I kept that up I was going to be working against myself. I will do anything not to feel that way again. I want to be fit. I want to be strong. I want to be healthy. Time to change what I put in my body.

Danielle

P.S. After listing all of the food I ate over the weekend, it sure does motivate me even more to change my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment