Tuesday, September 6, 2011

...aaaaand I'm back

After a mini hiatus, I'm back and not looking so good for my first 1/2 marathon that is in 4 weeks. Thanks for the reminder Miller-Ho (insert finger pistols). On a side note, for those of you that don't know, Miller-Ho is my ever-so-friendly nickname for Amanda. Anyways, to say I've been crazy busy would be an understatement. I just recently started student teaching, my own classes online, I'm trying to maintain my marriage while 1,598 miles apart, AND find the time to run 4 days a week while it is still 100 degrees outside. My priorities have shifted. Big time.

Before this madness began I would run at 6:30am while the weather was still cool. Now at 6:30am I'm somewhere between straightening my hair and applying my make-up. I thought I would have the opportunity to run first thing in the morning, but I wake up at 5am and the sun isn't even up yet. So my next option is to run at night. Well, after spending a glorious 7 hours with 23 1st graders, when 7:00pm hits (because this is when it's finally cooler) all I really want to do is sleep. Like I said, my priorities have shifted.

While Amanda has done a fabulous job at keeping up with her runs... me? Not so much. I have done my maintenance runs and that's about it. Life has gotten in the way of my running and it makes me so sad and frustrated! I really have to fight my brain and make running more of a priority. I started to really enjoy it and it became really easy for me. I felt like I got over my first struggle hump, as I like to call it, and now I need to start from square one. Okay maybe square two or three. But I'm still behind! It is my goal and desire to run my little heart out these next 4 weeks so that I can be prepared for our first race. I need to be prepared for that race. Time to dig deep for some inspiration.

I'll keep you posted on how things go and in the mean time send happy thoughts and energy my way :)

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment