Thursday, July 28, 2011

Migraine Shmigraine

This week I started a new training program that has me running Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday with my long run on Sunday. I'm excited that I've increased my mileage per week and instead of running 3 days a week, I'm now running 4 (I've been waiting for this).

Yesterday I ran 2 miles. I went into it thinking it was going to be the easiest 2 miles of my life and boy was I wrong. My legs were tired and evidently, I left my motivation at home. However, I still powered through and finished in a time that actually surprised me.

Waking up, I knew I had to run 3 miles today and I was ready for it. Until a migraine slowly started to surface. When a migraine hits it usually leaves me in bed, in a dark room, on the verge of throwing up. It can be pretty miserable. Despite my throbbing head, I was determined to finish the mileage. And that's just what I did!

During the first mile and a half I was cursing my migraine up and down, praying that it would go away. Then I started thinking about the Lady Gaga song "Born This Way" and how awesome it would be to be in that music video. Would I wear some crazy outfit just like Gaga? I bet I would. It would include lace, skanky shorts, and possibly a headdress type thing. No meat this time. Maybe even after the video she'd ask me to tour with her as a back up dancer.

Migraine gone. Thank you Jesus!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment